Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: ‘I fear I am integrating my people into a burning house.’
For business-minded individuals, why is this quote important to understand? As a leader, you must understand when you're leading your team in the wrong direction. If you happened to lead your team into a path of failure, it's important to identify your mistakes and correct them. In the art and design world, there are many times an artist/designer will try to execute an idea that's not working. Many will work out this idea until completion. Which oftentimes doesn't translate with the audience or the client.
What makes a good leader? Here are six qualities that makes a good leader.
1. Vision – Great leaders have a vision for their project, department, or organization. A leader with vision has a clear, vivid picture of where to go, as well as a firm grasp on what success looks like and how to achieve it. But it’s not enough to have a vision; leaders must also share it and act upon it. A leader must be able to communicate his or her vision in terms that cause followers to buy into it. He or she must communicate clearly and passionately, as passion is contagious.
2. Communication – Effective communication will boost your leadership abilities. Be relatable and approachable, listening to those who come to you, and encouraging communication among all employees.
3. Listen – It is important to listen when it comes to leading. Listen to others, listen to what each other are saying, and about you. You can learn a lot by listening. Information absorbed can help you examine your management style and gauge what others think of you and it.
4. Respect – To connect with the people you’re leading, you must also treat them with respect.
5. Integrity – Someone with integrity does what they say they’ll do.
6. Strategic – effective strategy will help you decide where your efforts and resources are best spent. These decisions are crucial in ensuring your business has a profitable and sustainable future. The strategy is what drives decisions in business.
To comment click the login/signup button at the top of the page to leave a comment and get instant notification on every post. Signup for The Kre8ive Shop newsletters to get updates and discounts. Click Here to signup.
Davion Coleman Artist | Designer
– Creator of The Kre8ive Shop